3D viewer remembering my location

Cull

Posted this in the main CMBN forum but it should probably go here.

I'd really love it if, when I exit the 3D view in the map editor, it would remember where I left it and put me back in the same spot upon my return.

In other words, panning across the map from the very corner every time I go to the 3D view is starting to drive me insane. I realize that I can jump across via Ctrl-Click but still, coming back to the same spot each time would be a real time/annoyance saver, especially when you're working on one little area for awhile; it's a pain to cross the map, maneuver the camera back into position at the right height/angle, etc.

Forum member Sergei suggested placing troops and using that as a workaround, as apparently (I don't recall from Cmx1) being in unit mode causes you to return to the most recent unit placement location, or something. Haven't tried it yet (at work) but will later.

Anyway, this seems like it would be something that would be fairly easy to implement. Maybe it isn't. I'd think the komputer machine could just remember your coordinates (maybe even height/pitch of the "camera") on the 3D map at the moment of exit, and put you back there when you return.

Ok, that's way too many words on this item, but for now, does anyone know a better way? Am I missing something (quite possible)? Could there be some black-magic mod out there that someone more geniuser than myself could create?

Signed,

Guy that wants to make his map-making time more efficient and less annoying

Funny thing is Steve asked the very same question awhile ago. He had forgot that "Deploy [Allied][Axis]" in unit picker would drop you right onto your last spot. :) You don't even need to purchase the units, just hit the 'Deploy' button and make sure you quit-out in the spot you'd like to come back to. And in the 3-D view the buildings and stuff remans workable like plain-jane '3-D Preview'.

Funny thing is Steve asked the very same question awhile ago. He had forgot that "Deploy [Allied][Axis]" in unit picker would drop you right onto your last spot. :)

Well that makes me feel much better, heh.

You don't even need to purchase the units, just hit the 'Deploy' button and make sure you quit-out in the spot you'd like to come back to. And in the 3-D view the buildings and stuff remans workable like plain-jane '3-D Preview'.

Awesome, thanks. I figured there had to be some workaround otherwise map-makers much more serious than myself surely would've brought this up before.