New file at the Repository: Famous faces unit portaits (2011-05-15)

This is a quick mod I made that replaces the unit potraits with famous faces from war movies such as Clint Eastwood from Kelly's Heroes. The Zip contains a .brz file that changes just the Americans. I will update this soon to also contain one that changes Germans too. Also incuded are all the folders I collected of portaits from CMx1 that can be used. Please feel free to browse if you want to use different faces. If you choose to use any of the other faces you must first resize them to 51x57, and rename the file the same as the one in the game you want to swap out. Use the CMx2 mod tools to unpack, and repack. Have fun, and enjoy.My brz faces are;From" Kelly's Heroes"; Clint Eastwood, and Oddball. From "A Bridge too far"; James Caan. From "Saving Pvt. Ryan" Ed Burnes.

More...

Looks good and comprehensive.

There are a lot of folders, do we chose one or have to pick individual pictures?

Thanks, but all credit to those who made the original folders i collected from Cmx1.

Many of the folders have duplicate pics as they were assembled from many different modders. You must select a pic. Resize to 51x57, and rename that portrait the same as the one you want to replace. You must use Cmx2 mod tools; rezpack and rezexplode.

The allied portrait brz is already extracted and easy to access. Just unpack, change, then repack and put in "z" folder to make your own allied version if you like. Will add german soon. to use my allied brz that comes in zip simply put in "z" folder. If don't have "z" create one in data folder. (I know this is modding 101, but some may not be familiar with the process if no Cmsf experience.)

Thanks Vinnart.

Yeah, I'm always rushing to get some game time so I'm not good at mods. Will load up the pre packed allied brz to get some atmos.

At the weekend I think Cpl Steiner's face is gonna tempt me into messing with packing and upacking :)

Cheers.