Starting a PBEM game of SC WW1 and felt it would be fun to share it with everyone else, dont see this done offen anymore but was common back in the SC2 days. We both are pritty new to the game so I dont expect grand stratagy to be a desiding factor but who makes the least number of mistakes. This will be New World vs Old World but I mean to make this my first step back to being Champ of North America (take that Rambo!).

Std game, no house rules, normal setup, V1.01. Iron as Central Powers : Derek as Allied.

Not everything posted here will be 100% true, dont want to give away how damaged my units might be after combat ect... Hopefully we are able to fight to near 1918, but as we are new this could end earlier.

Augest 1: Starting National Moral

1914 battle plan: Schlieffen

East Prussia Front: Garrisoned citys and prepared battle lines.

Polish Front: Garrisoned citys and prepared for Russian Steam Roller

Serbian Front: Attached Belgrade with 3 Corps and push units in on the flanks.

Western Front: DOW Belgium and destoryed her two forward Detachments (DT) but had to use all my close troops to do this, just dinged the capital but pushed Calvery (CV) units to the edge of Lille. Heavy push in the center of Frach but no combat. Eastern flank moved to contact with French units and destroyed forward Infantry Corps (IC), but suffered heavy damage.

Naval Movement: Top Secret

Loss's Bel 2 DT Fr 1 IC

August 15 NM B99 F99 I100 A100 G 99 AH 99 O100

East Prussian Front: No combat so units Dig in and await the Russians. Hindenburg is unretired.

Polish Front: Russians Invade NE Aus-Hug and take her oilfields but no combat. AH digs in and prepares for the valulted Russian Steam Roller.

Serbian Front: Belgrade is pounded again and falls, heavy thrust into eastern Serbia.

Western Front: Brussels is hit by 3 IC and falls; FR IC takes 3 hits and crubles by Lille; CV units push forward and take Lille, Calais and Arras: NW France is in germanys hands, for now. Eastern battle line entrenchs while in contact with French units.

Loss's Bel 1 IC Fr 1 IC

Augest 29th NM Eng 98 FR 98 It 100 Rus 99 USA 100 Ger 98 AH 98 O 100

News: The Turks are impressed with the supplys and combat ship they have recived (71%) and are thinking it would be good to join the winning side for once. The Bulgarian King in a beer and brot dazz gives support to the Central Powers (51%) after Belgrade fell. Spys inform us that UK is gathering a "New" army while our reserves in the west are splitting, half going to the fort of Antwerp and half to the fortress of Verdun.

East Prussian Front: No combat but one Russian Corps is moving into the Tannenberg forest. German units dig in behind rivers and prepare for invasion. Navel units shell IC outside of Memel.

Polish Front: Minor combat outside of Przemysl on AH IC that just form up (odd spot to spawn?) other then that little action except Fortress Lemberg now is 1/2 surrounded by Russian ICs. AH units dig in more and prepare for combat.

Serbian Front: Forward AH IC near Belgrade is hit twice and hurt (3). Counter attack pushs IC out of Kragujevac, allowing AH to ocupie it with a CV.

Western Front: No combat, FR and UK units shifting west to try and cover Germanys advance, weak line held Abbeville to Compiegne. Bel IC destroyed in Ypres, city taken. Bel King Holding Ostend facing 3 Ger IC. Minor attacks on FR CV near the front, one destoryed. Germany hold for supplys and replace some loss's.

Loss's Ser 1 IC FR 1 CV Bel 1 IC

Sept 12 UK 98 FR 97 IT 100 Ru 99 USA 100 Gr 98 AH 97 Ot 100

News: Uk has kept the dreadnaught and is appears the Indian army is sailing for France. Foch is giving command of an army group. Germany is starting to feel the effects of the bockade now, it appears its running from England to Norway... nothing around Scotland.

Eastern Prussia: Minor Navel combat around Finish coast. No combat & little movement by Russian units. Hindenburg strikes out at IC near Tannenberg, damages one IC to 1str.

Polish Front: No combat but Russian units continue to move & look for undefended locations. One IC pushs west to rail junction east of Glogau, Central Power unit is rushed to defend the city. AH finishs digging in two full army groups from Katowice - Stanislaw, the Russian Steamrollers seams to be waiting for something!

Serbian Front: AH continues to push into eastern Serbera taking the mine and destroying a IC with two hits. Other units recive fresh troops to keep the army strong.

Western Front: No combat, Allied units continue to try and make a solid line, eastern Fr is entrenched, western Fr has holes in the line. Antwerp is assulted by 4 IC, Bel DT is reduced to str 3. A battle bulge is developing near Verdun, another Fr IC goes down. Scout planes report that Le Havre is empty, the UK IC in Abbeville is destroyed and CV rush in to take the city and port. Amiens is all but surrended after a damaged Fr CV is destoyed and Gr units push down the river by Compiegne.

Loss's Ser 1 IC Fr 1 CV 1 IC UK 1 IC

Sept 26 UK 97 Fr 95 IT 100 Ru 97 USA 100 Gr 96 HA 96 O 100

New: Blockade continues in the north sea, Royal SF is formed in London. Kiszer is having his heir learn French for it looks like the 'Great Wheel' is going to work, with the Pin at Compiegne.. only the weather can stop us now... is his current favorte phrase.

Eastern Prussian Front: Minor naval combat around finish coast, Russian fleet appears to be in port. Menel is hit by 3 Russian IC, str 7. Minor combat in Tannenberg, Hindenburg str 8, two Russian IC moving north, Memel is evacuated.

Polish Front: Four Rc CV and 2 IC push deap into Prussia, past or near Glogau, Central powers units move to cut off supply to these forward units. Two Reserve IC are formed to deal with the problem. Two Ru IC are moving down the road from Kolomea to Grosswardein, a AH CV is moved behind them to cut off supply. Minor combat around the fortress.

Serbian Front: Combat around Nish, 4 AH IC push back one Bel IC, now str 2 south of the cith. City is held by thier HQ.

Western Front: MUD.. advances are going to slow down! France Rails in 4 IC near Amiens, with move units moving in to block Paris. The Royal navy is doing its part, hitting German IC along the coast of Le Havre. Antwerp falls to 2 Gr IC. Alot of combat up and down the line, 4 Fr IC destroyed, 3 in the Amiens area, UK IC in the city down to 6 str. Advance CV units dig in while a some replacements reach damaged units. Belgium falls.. 179 MMPs.

Loss's Bel 1 DT Fr 3 IC

Bla.. cant edit my post. BF you need to make this change to the Forums. Or someone can tell me how to edit them?

AZGungHo, thanks glad your enjoying it. Maps would be nice but: 1- I'm not that computer savy 2 - Right now they would give away too much info.. for example I'm sure Derek didnt know I had Railed in some Germany CVs from the west to Eastern Prussia.. and used them to cut his supply line when he did his CV push into central Prussia. I'll look into posting some maps, but I fear I will not due to the above reasons.

Oct 24 UK 97 Fr 92 It 100 Ru 95 USA 100 Gr 94 AH 94 O 100

News: Canadian troops load for Eroupe, Sea Plane Tender complete ect ect... and Blockade in the north sea, Sub raiding routes to UK as well. War councel in Berlin, its looking like a race. UK starve us to death or we break Frances back.. with Russia at our arse... the 'Steam Roller' has started. Massive troop movement in western Poland. Octoberfest cancelled till war is over (IT L1). It do or die time for the central powers.

Prussian & Polish Front: One Gr IC destoryed by unit in Tannedberg, Allenstein taken. Memel occupied as well but troops retreated a week before. Russian units now in Prussia, 4 CV 6 IC.. one HQ way in the rear. CP units that cut supplys are near destoryed (str 3 & 1). Counter attach at Allenstein wipes out 1 Ru IC, leaves other at str 6, city retaken. Combat around Tilsit.. Ru ICs at 3, 4, 10, 10, 10 str with HQ support. AH units move out from Fortress Przemnsl to attack passing Ru IC, take pressure off Germany, IC str 2. Two Ru IC remain isolated, 0 supply by Klauseberg.

Serbian Front: Seb IC str 2 destroyed by Nish, reinforcement for the rest of AH units.

Western Front: Mud, bla with rain! Gaps showing in eastern half of French line, from Le Havre to Compiegne its not even a line, just isolated strong points. UK rushs in two units, so does France. Forward Gr units take damage & UK navy pounds the CV in LeHavre several times... to no damage! UK units around Amiens destoryed, took 7 IC to get the rail center. Reinforcements to units near VerDun and Belfort.. all now at Str 10!

Loss's UK 1 CV 1 IC Fr 0 IC (thats new) Ru 1 IC Ser 1 IC

Turkey Joins the central Powers.

Quick turn before work

Nov 21 UK 96 Fr 91 It 100 Ru 93 USA 100 Gr 99 AH 96 O 100

Poland/Prussia: Lots of movement with combat everywhere. 1 Gr IC destoryed to 3 Russian IC taken out. Russian pushs into the Mining reagon and takes both from Germany.

Serbia: Movement and reinforcements. It cold in the MTs now

Western Front: Rouen taken, Verdun suffers 10 hits from HA then 4 units of IC assult... 5th unit takes the fort.

Loss's Ru 3 IC UK 1 IC Fr 2 IC 1 DT

Note: One AH IC destoryed in the Mining area when Russia advanced.

Dec 19th UK 96 Fr 85 It 100 Ru 92 USA 100 Gr 97 AH 96 O 89

News: Blockade continues in north sea, germany sub raiding Canadian ships. Indian and ANATC troops land in the western front. UK takes Basra with Indian troops. AH follows Germanys lead and cancels winter holidays (IT 1), the Emperor Joseph however gives each soldiers a shovel as a gift (TW 1).

Polish Front: Two out of supply Ru CV stuck near Glogua and being attacked by 2 Gr IC. Two out of supply Ru IC near Klausenberg being worn down by Gr SF & CV. Moravian Mines held by Russians, 5 IC & 2 CV. Another 7 IC moved/railed north of Jaroslav. AH looks at the hord of Russians and retreats back to the defencive areas near Przemysl.

East Prussian Front: Five Ru IC supported by HQ in Kovno facing Hindenbrgs Army group. Minor combat and reinforcing damaged units, too cold to fight.

Serbian Front: Reinforcements for damanged units, minor combat on HQ in Nish

Middle Eastern Front: Turkey camptures Oltu in Russia. Troops railed to Egyptian boarder.

Western Front: France and UK try to repair a badly broken battle line, fresh replacements are filling damaged units. Germany solidifys its line, pushs two IC next to Toul and almost serounds Nancy. The two army groups near Amiens get fresh supplys plus get a bridgehead over the Saine (?) river, only three HQs and one CV between them and Paris.

Loss's 1 Recon Group France,

AH tells Italy to go bugger off, she is not giving up her citys to spagitti eaters.

Jan 30th UK 95 Fr 83 It 100 Ru 92 USA 100 Gr 98 Ah 95 O 89

News: AH calls up DT in the border region of Italy. Sub raiding supplys to Marselilles while Allies continue blockade & Russian Black Fleet blocks Zon guldak port.

East Prussian Front: Troops dig in and wait for spring.

Polish Front: AH CV takes out Ru str 1 CV near Glogau. AH digs in and reinforces troops facing Russian Hord.

Serbian Front: One army group pounds on HQ in Nish, str 8 after 5 attacks.

Middle East Front: Troops marching to Egpyt, El Arish taken. On Russian border combat in MTs, minor damage.

Western Front: Snow and Ice; Gr IC continue to push on Toul, its nearly sirounded ( 2 IC & 1 HQ). Two Ger IC moves next to Paris and attack HQ with 3 ground cover. CV rushs forward to empty Orleans and takes the city. Most units train troops for spring attack or dig more holes in the line. French Front is basicly 5 strong points with heavy german advances in two areas..... France sends a peace delagation to Germany.

Germany acepts peace in the west and sends her troops east. Russia is held back when AH absorbes Serbia into the empire. Italy remains out of the war with six AH units on the boarder at this time.

A nice quick first game for me, and I think Derek using the SC WW1. Only three tech advances for the Central Powers. The German "Great Wheel" worked as it was planed, whats left of the French corps were going to get crushed in a closing jaw move this spring. Russia was not much of a factor so I was able to keep all but a few units in the west. I think I railed 2 CV from the west and one IC from Serbia, plus the SF in the late fall.