Why shouldn't I accept the Vichy Armistice???

I've been thinking lately about the armistice offered to Germany after the taking of Paris and eventual surrender of France.

Generally, I accept this armistice as it gets the French "problem" out of the way and let's me get on with other invasions.

Once I did not accept the armistice in an AI game on expert just to see the results.

Turns out the combined French and British navy spanked the Italians in the Med. and it just took me longer to wrap up France. My invasions in North Africa went no where as I had no naval dominance of the Mediterranean so I couldn't force ultimate French surrender which I suppose would be the main goal here.

Other than the potential gain of unit experience does anyone on here employ the Armistice decline option and complete conquering of France as a viable German strategy? And if so do you think the return on investment of time and units is worth it in comparison to a Sealion of Britain or kicking off Operation Barbarossa early?

Better to DoW Vichy and then go ahead and take Spain also, close off the Med and then get USSR from the MidEast as well as the traditional Barbarossa. Of course this is only the second priority as SeaLion is the first. I'm finding it very hard, though, to excute SeeLowe, either its easier to defend UK than previous versions or my reputation precedes me.

Better to DoW Vichy and then go ahead and take Spain also, close off the Med and then get USSR from the MidEast as well as the traditional Barbarossa. Of course this is only the second priority as SeaLion is the first. I'm finding it very hard, though, to excute SeeLowe, either its easier to defend UK than previous versions or my reputation precedes me.

I've launched Sea Lion twice. First time was a miserable failure and caused the USA and the USSR to DOW me. I had to give up te attack on the UK to bolster the eastern front. Thankfully the Russians weren't really geared up for war and I was able to slam the door on them. I never progressed far into the USSR but was able to keep them weak via attrition to their battle strength.

The second time is still in progress and I've taken London. I have total domination of sea and air so it is just a matter of time to mop up the island.

My opponents have been fortifying the area around London and especially the tiles next to ports, no Sealion possible under those conditions unless I get to him earlier which I need to work on getting France out sooner. RN waits out of range and my TAC are not strong enough to vacate the tiles even with 3 FJs dropping in England.

You do bring up a good point Blue and I've been wondering, the Reds are so weak at first, it might be a good move to operate right into Barbarossa after France falls.

Maybe continue east after the Polish surrender and bolster the western defenses. Anyone tried a quick Barbi?

Seamonkey I'm currently in my first PBEM game ever and I know that the AI isn't a great example but I have tried a quick Barb on the expert AI immediately after France fell.

I was extremely please with the results as it caught the Soviets completely of guard and I advanced all the way to the front steps of Moscow before getting bogged down by Soviet tech. superior tanks and awesome air cover.