800x600 - Annoyance

Birdy

Hello,

The problem I have is actually for CMBB, but it's the same engine, and there is no tech support for Barbarossa.

I just moved awhile ago, and during the move, switched to a Widescreen monitor, the first time after that, it came up with a message "Choose your resolution"

I attempted to find the monitors full capacity, 1400x900 and searched through the resolutions, only to find that it was not there.

I accidentally picked a resolution under 800x600, so now it wont even run the game.

My question is:

Is there a way to change the resolution after you initially picked one?

Thanks in advance.

As stikkypixie mentioned, delete your Prefs file in order to be presented with the resolution selection process again.

On the matter of supported resolutions, unfortunately to my knowledge 1400x900 is NOT supported. Typically the CMx1 series supported "standard" 4:3 resolutions and not the widescreen ones (which weren't too common at the time CMBB came out). The closest resolution you may get is 1024x768. The 'deciding' factor in this is the second, vertical resolution of '900'. If you can't exceed this resolution, then it must be something below it and '768' seems to be the closest vertical resolution below that.

The CMx1 series will typically "read" your video driver's support of resolutions and start offering the highest resolution that your 'monitor.inf' file may specify your display can handle (I believe it may be looking at this info, I'm not sure). It will also start at the highest vertical refresh rate at the highest resolution. Your monitor may not handle this and you'll typically get a scrambled screen initially until a refresh rate is tried that your monitor supports at that resolution.

On occasion though, I have seen some strange resolutions listed during the resolution selection process

Follow stikkypixie & Schrullenhaft directions.

I am now on:

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.5

Apple BootCamp V2.1

CMSF & Marines Module #1 - V1.10

GeForce 8600M GT, single display mode driving an external: Apple 23" Cinema Display 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hertz

ForceWare X 177.79 drivers with INF for the MacBook Pro.

Happened on your question and tried CMBO (I have the Mac & PC - CD). The 1600x1200 @ 60 Hertz was Option #1 and it works fine on this set up!

Kinda funny looking at CMBO after being spoiled CMSF & Marines Module #1 - V1.10... but nice in a Nostalgic way.

Cheers. Trick or Treats at the door!

CogNative

Thank you all, this is more than I expected, I shall continue to enjoy this amazing game.

I'll post back if it worked, I thought It'd have something to do with that file, but I only tried to view it in text (Came up with a bunch of program mumbo-jumbo.)