( Another ) New battle

I am about to release another battle. Operation Winterbrau. Febuary 1943. General Manstein reorginizes his forces after the fall of Stalingrad and takes the initiative rather than opting for a static defence while the ground is still frozen. He gives the go ahead for Hoth to commit a series of armoured thrusts in the Bielgorad. Catching the extended Russians off Guard. You command a Panzer Kampf Kompanie plus attachments, tasked with protecting Hoth's flank. This is a meeting engagement.

EDIT: This battle is now posted you can download it from CMMODs: CMMods Link to all TOW Mods Here!

or Badongo here WinterBrau Site 2

mk4qi4.jpg

[ January 02, 2008, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Nikki Mond ]

This is the pre-panther era. Schirtzen has made it to the stugs. The russians are rolling T34's off the assembly line, giving four hours training to the crews and sending them straight to the front.

What odds are you facing? Depends. Same historically. 1 to 1 if you kill in a timely fashion. The Germans were successful in these knife fights. Aim high for the guns, recognize a gunless T34 and move on. Control your tanks personally. Don't get tied down with the infants, but you'll need them too.

t34burnnx8.jpg

I liked it. Thank you.

One thing though for those that are into this sort of thing, Feb '43 is a bit too early for panzerschreks (or fausts) but they do come in handy.

SPOILER WARNING

The reserves came at just the right time each time. I found I had just enough to complete the objectives.

I thought the AI tanks moved logically, and I liked how they "knew" to take the high ground and then try to move around behind me.

And the extra aviation present was a nice touch

Again, thank you.

[ January 03, 2008, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: boog2006 ]

As soon as the patch is released I should have a full campaign ready within a few weeks. Things that have stopped me releasing to date are the custom map, skins, & models that I've used being in a format that I can release without buggering the original missions. The changes I've made to the Caen & Cherbourg maps both crash the original stock missions now.... :D

So yeah, once the patch is released there will be alot more missions. I am sure as there will be hopefully an easier release mechanism that isn't gonna get a truckfull of whinging of the 'You broke my mission' kind.

Ideally it should have been there from the start ..... But you live & learn & clarity comes with hindsight!

[ January 03, 2008, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Gnasher ]

Originally posted by boog2006:

I liked it. Thank you.

One thing though for those that are into this sort of thing, Feb '43 is a bit too early for panzerschreks (or fausts) but they do come in handy.

Those were actually captured bazookas from Tunisia being field tested... ;)

seriously tho I realized that after...but the weapon tables didn't allow slotting more than 1 patrone, and that as sole weapon.

Thanks for trying it out and the AA comments. I wanted to get these out before the humongo patch. I think the game will play differently with the LOS changes. (for better)