crew compartments and other components size

RIPper_SVK

i studied the vehicle schematics in hope to be able to disable vehicles faster (so far i'm a bit frustrated about the high number of hits needed to kill). what got me interested is that crew compartments are very small. for example in the paladin, the gunners compartment is really tiny. compare it to the size of the 20mm, and i don't think a human could fit there....is that on purpose?

some of the tougher vehicles (thor and hurricane) seem to have a lot of empty space inside, especially in the front half of the hull. so it's no wonder that i score 5 hits with HEAT to the front side without any effect, when only a really tiny driver's compartment is there.

i guess i'll start shooting at the rear sides, because there's always something big to hit. but i don't like this.

i don't know the damage model details. do you model blast damage from penetrations? so one doesn't have to hit a component directly to damage it.

by the way i like it that studying the component layout is helpfull, so people need to think more about placement of their shot. it makes people think more in the game, which is a great thing. this puts this game on a different level than most other games, great job! but i have some doubts about some component sizes.

If you read the PDF with the game it says blast is modeled on penetrations based on the thickness of armour penetrated and a static value for each shell type..

"Each type of projectile has a "Fragmentation Factor." This factor combined with the amount of armor that was penetrated determines how much fragmentation is caused by the projectile's entrance into the interior of the victim object."

So a 120mm penetration on thick armour is going to cause significant frag damage, while a 20mm probably isn't going to damage components unless you hit very close to them.. HEAT ammo is also more likely to set things on fire if it damages them I believe, according to the description of the hit mechanics anyway..