manual range input ?

adic

Hi tankers !

I seem to have a little problem , I cannot input manual elevation for my gun. I read in manual that the keys are U&I . If I press them nothing happens on my scope. Is very hard vor me to aim above or below the target to make the correction. I works but it sucks..

Please show me where I'm wrong.

I use a joystick , can this be the problem ?

Thanx for your support !

• 2 weeks later...

I got T-72 on Christmas morning!!! I'm having trouble with the manual range finding on the T-34 and all the tanks actually.

I just don't get it. Everything on page 25 in the manual makes perfect sense on paper. When I try it on the computer....there's no way to get the rounds to hit in the triangle the way they're supposed to. I did read that excellent thread where the poster put all the screenshots up.

I still don't get it. Any help?

Hi,

Steps to use manual targeting (assuming gunner position):

1) Press Ctrl + W

2) Use the range finder in the sight to calculate the range.

3) Put the targeting diamond on the target.

4) Adjust the range using the "U" and "I" keys. Use the proper scale (AP, HE, etc.) for the round that's loaded. Once you set the scale to the right distance, do not move the diamond back on the target (I did this at first.....duh! :)

5) FIRE!!!

6) Adjust the gun elevation (using "U" or "I") if the range is off, and fire again....

If you're still not hitting the target, it may be because you're using the wrong scale, or you just need more practice, like me ;)

Thanks, DoubleVeteran. I need practice... Ideally, I'd like to create a user mission of the practice range with a bunch of enemy tanks that won't shoot back so I can work on this. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong; moving the triangle...

Maybe someone could make 3 different user missions: one for the T-34, T-55, and T-72 in which you shoot static tank targets at different ranges. If those are out there already, please show me! smile.gif

I think I'm going to have to explore the files on the CD to make those practice range missions myself...

Originally posted by Armored Fist 1994:

Thanks, DoubleVeteran. I need practice... Ideally, I'd like to create a user mission of the practice range with a bunch of enemy tanks that won't shoot back so I can work on this. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong; moving the triangle...

Maybe someone could make 3 different user missions: one for the T-34, T-55, and T-72 in which you shoot static tank targets at different ranges. If those are out there already, please show me! smile.gif

I think I'm going to have to explore the files on the CD to make those practice range missions myself...

Hi,

Check out my response here:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=46;t=000227;p=2