Firing Range tutorial?

sensei

I feel kind of stupid, but I can't get a success in this tutorial. What am I doing wrong?

I follow the orders and hop into the commander's seat and order the driver to move to waypoint #1 which he does. He usually parks the tank in such a way that I can't engage the target at the military base so I drive around a bit and get in position. I move to the gunner's position, load HE and level both buildings and set the gun on fire. By the time I'm done, I'm out of ammo, both buildings are gone and the gun is in pieces but I get no change in mission status. Is this a bug?

• 1 month later...

i found that you can move around the map freely.

example: you come to pos1, get the task of killing the gun. so you can move to the gun(no matter how close) and blow it up. afterwards you drive back to point2 until you get new objective. than you can go as close as you want to the 2nd objective, kill it and drive back to point3.

or you just kill everything from the intended positions.

the is no restriction where you go between moving to the positions.

also noone will shoot at you.

hope this helps...

Ah, a few flowers ought to take care of it.
hehe, you should know what works best :D

about the mission; often its just one or two man crwling around in some trench wich are between you and your victory. to find them can be the problem ;)

about the victory "sign". i found it much harder(or lets say complicated) to get a victory in the fireing range than lets say in the first campain mission where you just have to shoot up one tank, the infantry will run away than and you continue to the base. you dont have to go off the road. easy as throwing stones. in the fireing tutorial there are much more targets. so it takes time... .

glad to help

Pandur