Sound Mods

Originally posted by NCrawler:

Oops, sorry all, been away too long. All of my sounds were developed using a SB Audigy 2 under Windows 2000 Pro. There are no 'clicks' or static in any of the files. I think that the majority of you probably either need to update the drivers for your sound and video cards (yes, your video card in conjunction with your sound card can be causing the problem) or you need to fiddle with the settings on your sound card. Don't forget about the BIOS updates for your cards as well. Turn off any type of 3D enhancement that your card may have and/or turn down hardware acceleration on your video card and see if that helps. You can also go the route that I have taken and buy a new sound/video card... smile.gif

Since I only have the one computer at home, it's impossible for me to test the sounds with a number of different sound/video combinations, but if all of your drivers are up to date (and compatible with the OS that you use) then your settings are the likely culprits...

One last thing you may want to try... Check out this utility: ReClock and see if it helps. Be sure to read about it on the site and the reasons why it may help. Cheers...

Hi NCrawler,

I guess you are right - it could very well be our hardware - in my case a SB Live with the latest drivers from Creative installed. The only strange thing is that all other sounds than 133 and 5001 are perfect - no noise/click.

Anyway, your sound packs are pure art!! smile.gif

Mr. Die Easy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic