and furthermore [BotrytisII]

In a more general way about scenarios:

A]I did like the way all the forces were laid out ready for placement.

B]One thing that did slightly jar was the naming of "the hut" etc in good old English. Given it is packed with atmosphere just some unique German sounding name would do. Even calling it the hut in German is not ideal - I suppose some German player can put forward what these might appear as on a map.

Schmidthaus ....?

Anyway just an observation. I am not sure how others feel about this type of detail in scenarios

[ April 27, 2006, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: dieseltaylor ]

Hello dieseltaylor,

Could swear that when I designed the CMBB Botrytis map and poured over the Russian operations map of that specific timeframe the Lithuanian countryside had unpronouncable Russian names, never mind German names!

Lost that map and internet link when my 'puter crashed a couple of years ago, so no way of brushing up on my Cyrillic skills.

Had to lay the forces out for you. smile.gif I detest big scenarios where it takes me an hour+ just to re-shuffle my troops in some coherent structure, unless they were pre-placed + locked of course.

Should have called it "hutjie" - now that would have confused everyone if they do not speak Afrikaans. :D

Thanks for taking time playing it though. Stoffel is forwarding his PBEM files (with his password) to me so that I can witness the carnage.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

[ April 28, 2006, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Stoffel is reporting that he has firm bridgeheads at bridges #1 and #2.

Have not looked at Stoffel's latest PBEM movie file, as I'm currently at the Mount Nelson Hotel, more specifically in the 'Garden' Tasting Room in Cape Town doing a wine trade tasting. Cederberg's Shiraz 2004 and De Toren's Fusion V 2003 have so far emerged as outstanding! More to taste (Botrytis wines too!) in 15 minutes time ...

[ May 02, 2006, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

40th minute played e-mails 50

Game start 25th April .......and my opponent has gone away for two weeks : (

Opponent went for 4 and later bridge 1. I am getting depressed with my inability to nail anything. My older 75mm armoured vehicles from ambush have failed to kill at all and it requires three shots to hit anything.

Tiger to enemy tank 800 metres gun hit,it backs off, I am bounced by a T34 at 220 metres, we both score ricochets and then I nail it. Jeez!

But good fun : )

Nobody, AFAIK, seems to have the 'guts' to go for bridge #3 in their Russian attack, thereby cutting the 2 town/village objectives in half, if succesfull. Mined/barbwired Bridges #1 & #2 still seems to be the favourite for a Russian attack, probably because these bridges are closer to their own positions?

Gaining a bridgehead @ #3 will prevent the Germans from rushing reinforcements from one side to the other. But with a lot of good German LOS to it - not more so than towards the other bridges though - it seems that the German Pak's scare everyone off from assaulting bridge #3, perhaps also because jump-off points near #3 is slighly less covered?

Personally I think you would be barking to go for Bridge 3. You would have to start with packed troops on a point that could be targeted for 150mm and everything else, two open flanks as you try to cross and God knows what in the woods to the sides and in front.

Of course you know how much the Axis start with , and where the mines are ..... : ) .. anyone else would be more cautious.