Victory Point Allocation

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction to figure the following out. I have just gotten into designing scenarios for both CMBO and CMBB and I am confused on how victory determination is made. Recently some feedback on one of my scenarios "Rassenei" stated that.

I received a puzzling draw. I really felt I had accomplished the goal exiting all my men and vehicles except those few that I left behind to secure one of the two hilltop flags that I was supposed to capture and hold.

As the developer of the scenario it was the Axis objective to exit his units off the east edge of the map while also taking the two main hills along the way. So What I am asking ?? Are there any guidelines to how victory points are determined (large flag 300, small flag 100 I know) and what about causalities to infantry, armor, (it seems it is not always based upon unit strength) and how bout that all important exit of units....

I have searched all the old archives and have looked on CMHQ and others sites but I cannot find anything on the subject.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to build the best scenarios I can, that are competitive, comprehensive, and most of all fun..

Thanx

FredRocker