'nother Newbie type question...

Ok, I've got the game, played around with the tutorial, read up on the various "guides" on the web. Now, the scenario's look daunting. In which order (if there is an order) should the scenario's be tackled? Or, should I just move to the operations and leave the battles for now?

Steve.

------------------

I used to fly like Peter Pan... ICQ 4563504

I suggest trying any battle with the size of 'small' or 'tiny'. This refers to how many units are involved, not the map size. So small unit battles would be a good starting point.

I still play mostly small battles as such, when I just wanna sit down and play a quick battle if I only have a few hours to play.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 01-20-2001).]

Start with the smaller ones. One or two of those should be enough. Then do an operation. Then start looking for humans to play against.

------------------

What do we do with a terrible liar? Well, Great liars we send into the clergy.

Good liars we groom for politics. Moderate liars we supply with sherrif's badges

and guns, and the bad liars, well, we make them heroin whores. So what the hell

do we do with the Terrible Liars? Well, it seems we turn them into physicists

called "chrisl." Peng

Speaking from personal experience, I got tired of playing the battles once I hit "All or Nothing" (I think that was the name). IE: My 3rd CM battle, when I was playing in order. I just dont find the AI very challenging...

I'd recommend that if you are still learning the intricate works of strategy and tactics, you take it easy and play the smaller battles first. Then move on the the medium, large, and huge ones.

Cheers!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

One other quick point..I think the reason we are all recommending smaller battles to start is because you will learn the more detailed points of tactics that way. When you then go on and play larger ones you can think of different parts of the map a different small battles...make sense?

------------------

What do we do with a terrible liar? Well, Great liars we send into the clergy.

Good liars we groom for politics. Moderate liars we supply with sherrif's badges

and guns, and the bad liars, well, we make them heroin whores. So what the hell

do we do with the Terrible Liars? Well, it seems we turn them into physicists

called "chrisl." Peng