Scout Team cannot acquire Jav CLU?

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, Vet 0369 said:

Well, that's why I was able to go from F-4s in the Regulars and UH-1Es in the reserves to 0331 and 0369 in the reserves. 

Have you done any of "USMC: A Day at the Beach" or "Semper Fi; Syria" yet? They're AWESOME!

Semper Fi!

Cool, I fell in love with the F4 Phantom when I first saw it, all those news reels for the VN war. I put together models of all it's variants. As you can see by my Avatar, "Sikorsky's" "Ch-53A/D" "Sea Stallion" aka "The Jolly Green Giant" was my primary workstation, I even operated on Boeing Vertols "Ch-46A/E" "Sea Knight", alas, they are no more, only to have been replaced by the MV-22 Osprey. 

Yes, "Day at the beach" a few times. However, "Semper Fi: Syria", monkey wrenched, me from the beginning. Having played the SF1 campaign many, many, times. I soon found out that my old plan of reconnoitering the Lz's was fubar from the start. Patrolling, enemy troops have better night vision then their, former, SF1 counterparts, which is good, So..., currently I'm playing and enjoying the re-tweaked version SF1 Campaign.

After awhile these "Static" games get boring when you replay them a few times, you already know where they are, what they are (AI) planning to do. I prefer "Dynamic" setups (which a few people have created in player made scenarios in the CM platform of games) where the enemy starting positions and tactics are different with every replay, especially, when trying to play an earlier saved game to prevent that ambush, you just walked into, moments ago, results in a, dynamically, changed strategy and re-placement of enemy troops, thus, preventing a "Pre-Cognitive" future and a temptation to change it.

Oorah, Semper Fidelis and "Good night Chesty Puller, Wherever you are"

5 hours ago, Ch53dVet said:

Cool, I fell in love with the F4 Phantom when I first saw it, all those news reels for the VN war. I put together models of all it's variants. As you can see by my Avatar, "Sikorsky's" "Ch-53A/D" "Sea Stallion" aka "The Jolly Green Giant" was my primary workstation, I even operated on Boeing Vertols "Ch-46A/E" "Sea Knight", alas, they are no more, only to have been replaced by the MV-22 Osprey. 

Yes, "Day at the beach" a few times. However, "Semper Fi: Syria", monkey wrenched, me from the beginning. Having played the SF1 campaign many, many, times. I soon found out that my old plan of reconnoitering the Lz's was fubar from the start. Patrolling, enemy troops have better night vision then their, former, SF1 counterparts, which is good, So..., currently I'm playing and enjoying the re-tweaked version SF1 Campaign.

After awhile these "Static" games get boring when you replay them a few times, you already know where they are, what they are (AI) planning to do. I prefer "Dynamic" setups (which a few people have created in player made scenarios in the CM platform of games) where the enemy starting positions and tactics are different with every replay, especially, when trying to play an earlier saved game to prevent that ambush, you just walked into, moments ago, results in a, dynamically, changed strategy and re-placement of enemy troops, thus, preventing a "Pre-Cognitive" future and a temptation to change it.

Oorah, Semper Fidelis and "Good night Chesty Puller, Wherever you are"

The F-4 was beautiful to watch, and murderous in the hands of Marine Air/Ground Team, but it was a royal b#*^h to work on. I swear they laid out the frame, dipped it in metal, and cut out a few access panels for maintenance. I have more scars from that bird than from any other I ever worked on.

The first mission of "Semper Fi seems to be dynamic. I had started the campaign on my Mac because I couldn't get CMSF2 to open on my PC for the first week after release. When I finally identified the conflict on the PC, I started Semper Fi; Syria on the PC, and the initial Red locations setup, were very different. I've occupied OP01, and touched  NOE 01 (after leveling the building next to it with 5-inch from the destroyer). I also leveled OP03 and OP04 with F/A-18s in preparation for occupying them, but I lost a Marine to fire from across the ravine as I was moving along the ravine to NOE 01.

You need to start doing PBEMs to relieve the boredom. I usually play with a buddy (a Flight Test Engineer) from work before I retired. As a matter of interest, his Manager, a retired Marine and Flight Test Pilot, was the XO of the MV-22 Osprey Evaluation Squadron in New River. Super nice guy. For me, this is like a stroll down memory lane as I was also one of the technical writers of the maintenance manuals for the F404-GE-400 engines that went in the original preliminary flight tests and evailuations of the F/A-18A.

Check out "thefewgoodmen.com" for a lot of good gamers. Many of the regulars on this forum are also part of The Few Good Men.

Edited by Vet 0369

4 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

The F-4 was beautiful to watch, and murderous in the hands of Marine Air/Ground Team, but it was a royal b#*^h to work on. I swear they laid out the frame, dipped it in metal, and cut out a few access panels for maintenance. I have more scars from that bird than from any other I ever worked on.

The first mission of "Semper Fi seems to be dynamic. I had started the campaign on my Mac because I couldn't get CMSF2 to open on my PC for the first week after release. When I finally identified the conflict on the PC, I started Semper Fi; Syria on the PC, and the initial Red locations setup, were very different. I've occupied OP 101, and touched  NOE 01 (after leveling the building next to it with 5-inch from the destroyer). I also leveled OP 103 and OP 104 with F/A-18s in preparation for occupying them, but I lost a Marine to fire from across the ravine as I was moving along the ravine to NAE 01.

You need to start doing PBEMs to relieve the boredom. I usually play with a buddy (a Flight Test Engineer) from work before I retired. As a matter of interest, his Manager, a retired Marine and Flight Test Pilot, was the XO of the MV-22 Osprey Evaluation Squadron in New River. Super nice guy. For me, this is like a stroll down memory lane as I was also one of the technical writers of the maintenance manuals for the F404-GE-400 engines that went in the original preliminary flight tests and evailuations of the F/A-18A.

Check out "thefewgoodmen.com" for a lot of good gamers. Many of the regulars on this forum are also part of The Few Good Men.

Sorry, that should be NAI 01, OP 101. OP 103, and OP 103.

• 3 years later...
On 12/16/2018 at 11:54 AM, Ch53dVet said:

LOL..., you hit the, former, jar right on the, former, head.

Everyone that completes basic training is a certified grunt (0311).

Even the cooks have a "War Face".

Plus, sharing a foxhole with a Cook in an emergency situation has 2 benefits

(1) They know how to shoot

(2) They can prepare a gourmet meal out of the field rations, you are both carrying. 

Wow, years later, I know, but I was browsing through the forum and just saw this. This is wildly inaccurate. When you leave an MCRD, you are a basically trained Marine, that's it. Which counts for something, but you're a far cry from a rifleman. "0311" is a PMOS assigned to someone who qualified to become an infantry rifleman at one of the Schools of Infantry, at their subordinate Infantry Training Battalion.

When you show up to SOI, you (were) funneled to either ITB, or Marine Combat Training (MCT). MCT is essentially a familiarization course that mostly teaches non-infantry Marines how to conduct themselves adequately in an engagement that is incidental to their actual occupation.

All the prospective infantry guys get tossed into one box when you first get there, and then you start filtering into either rifleman training or one of the more specialized infantry roles available to us. This filtration starts a few weeks into the course proper, where you're offered your preference for infantry occupation, and then you have everyone divvied up into their training elements for their specific infantry MOS after that.

TLDR, no one in the Marine Corps holds the 0311 PMOS except 0311s, and it's not a secondary MOS, either. The closest thing Marine recruits get to being a "rifleman" at MCRD Parris Island or San Diego is your rifle qual.

Slay bodies, sports fan.