KinoFlat 01 *DRAFT*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I like your old CMBS logo better, honestly.  Something about serif fonts doesn't mesh well with a "modern" feel.  Microsoft uses Segoe, Apple uses Lucidia - something about "tech" and modern times seems distinctly sans-serif!  Compositionally though, I love it.

Are you planning on touching the in-game UI with your same sense of style?

Thanks @HerrTom!

I would agree, generally, with san serif = modern.

However, with these I found that san serif required a backing layer, otherwise the letters were often overwhelmed by an active background. My objective has been to visually strip everything down to the bare mankini, and using a  serif font allowed me to dispense with another layer of colour/texture/framing.

For now, this heavy serif font reads much more clearly than many other options I've run through. It also feels "serious"... Its a bit older looking as a font, but I funnily found that appropriate considering just how integral very old Soviet designs are to both the Russian & Ukrainian forces. Its a semi-post-modern war fought with many old modern weapons :).

What do you think of the above points?

Edited by kinophile