AFV Damage Indicators

The manual says on page 39 that the damage uses the same indicators as the defence levels described on page 38. So that means:

Red X - destroyed

Orange 0 - Poor

Yellow 0 - Average

Light Green 0 - Good

Dark Green 0 - Excellent

I think there are more shades of green than two and there might even be more than one shade of orange or yellow. And the names given to the colours as described on page 38 are not quite applicable to damage levels. Bottom line is it a pretty common idiom to go from green to yellow to orange to red to indicate something getting progressively worse. I am not sure what else we really would need as an indicator.

2 hours ago, Col Deadmarsh said:

But what about something like tracks? Isn't either working or the track is thrown off the tank and thus, not working? 

I wouldn't think so. There could be intermediate stages of damage acquired for instance in crossing a fence or other difficult terrain. I usually check for track damage in those circumstances and if I see some, I try to avoid using that particular vehicle in that way again. So for me, being able to keep up with the damage level is useful and sometimes critical.

Michael

4 hours ago, Col Deadmarsh said:

I guess I can see how some things could have a range of damage.

But what about something like tracks? Isn't either working or the track is thrown off the tank and thus, not working? 

No, you can sometimes tell when there is something wrong with a track. Not always, to be sure, but often enough I don't think it is weird to have multiple stages of damage before getting to the point the track is immobilized.