Camera view stuck low, 1x

Been away from playing CBMRT for over a year, then I found the up grade.  I've for got some things it seems.    Yes I've been reading the manual, but this I'm puzzled by, and I see no search the forms.   In setting up the game options you know where you chose "sound on off" is where I think I'm messing up.  Anyways, when I start a game where I'm to set up my units before I hit the red bar, I can't zoom out to see the whole map. I've change the setting on, off, up, down, this and that, but I'm still not much higher then a few feet above units. Now the first few quick battles games  that I played did let me zoom out.  Now that I messed with the setting I don't remember what the defaults were.  

I'm playing Red Thunder on a Dell XPS 8900, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i76800k 3.40Ghz Turbo is up to 4.01GHz, 16GB ram, GeForce 1070 8GB, 1920x1080.   

FYI there are no in-game controls where you can set the camera to a specific level. However, there are hotkeys which the user can configure. To check them open your game - go to OPTIONS - then click on CONTROLS - the default there under CAMERA CONFIG (bottom line) is STANDARD.

Just to clarfify, are you using the keyboard to change your elevation levels or the mouse wheel? Did you change or amend any of the game's hotkeys files?

Only thing I can suggest is check the drivers for both your mouse and your graphics card (what I'd do first) and update/renew them. Then see if the issue persists. If it does I'd log a report in the technical forum - you'll at least get help from someone more tech savvy than me!

Good luck :)

George MC, much thanks, but on my fourth try I found what I was doing wrong.  It was my fooling around with a setting the Camera Control Mode, RTS, FPS, and the one that worked for me "Standard". Now I can once more zoom 10,000 ft. into the clouds.                   Your ColSaid (Ret)

33 minutes ago, ColSaid said:

George MC, much thanks, but on my fourth try I found what I was doing wrong.  It was my fooling around with a setting the Camera Control Mode, RTS, FPS, and the one that worked for me "Standard". Now I can once more zoom 10,000 ft. into the clouds.                   Your ColSaid (Ret)

Cool :) glad you all sorted.