Building Black Sea Maps Questions

Zemke

I recently purchased Black Sea, and find it is really good.  Other than Shock Force, it is the only second/third gen CM engine game I have.  I have been VERY pleased with the game, playing it a lot.  Matter of fact, playing the Americans gives me a bit is post Afghanistan PTSD when I see "my boys" laying dead or wounded.

I love building maps, and after finding the current QB maps too small or restrictive, I started making my own, or expanding the currently QB maps.  I have had a few issues, I cannot seem to solve, mostly I am sure due to my lack of computer skills or maybe I am just too lazy to wade through learning a new program. 

(1)  I cannot seem to take screen shots of the map.  Yes people have suggested two different programs, both I could not make heads or tails out of.  Surely there is an easier work around to taking a simple screen shot.

(2)  Bridges, I have gotten ONE bridge to "drop" into place lined up east to west, all other bridges I have tried on other maps, seem to drop north south and I cannot get them to do what I want.  I have changed the height, size surrounding squares, I think I am missing something simple, just not sure what.

1) Nope running Fraps and taking a screen shot with F10 key *is* the easy way :)

2) Levelling the ends is step number one for happy bridge placement.  The green arrows in the upper left corner let you orient the bridge before dropping it.  The bridge does not figure out what direction to be. You have to set it to the desired angle first and then drop it onto your nicely levelled ends.

Hope that helps