Motiv armor-piercing submunition

antaress73

I was wondering if the Motiv will be included to be fired by the 2S19 ? 

"

"The 2S19 can fire Motiv projectiles with self-homing munitions, too. The Motiv submunition designed by the Basalt enterprise was fielded 10 years ago. It is unified for various combat arms and is also used in MLRSs and disposable cluster bombs. The Motiv well surpasses its US analogue by the aggregate efficiency index. It has high­er jamming resistance and armor pen­etration (up to 100mm, which largely exceeds the horizontal armour resist­ance of the most advanced foreign tanks, namely the M1A2 Abrams, Leclerc, Leopard 2, etc.

Works on the Motiv are going on to enhance its jamming resistance, improve homing operations and war­head efficiency."

Source: army-guide site

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product3933.html

antaress73,

This should be accompanied by the following: "Notice! This is a post graduate course on modern Russian SP artillery; its history, military-technical characteristics and ammunition!" There's so much there I'm going to have to go back and read it top to bottom and slowly. I was aware of the Granit SFW, but the Motiv is new to me. When the defense contractor threat analysts like me attended the Soviet threat Technology Conference in 1985 at the CIA and we were informed Russia had SFW, an American exclusive, we believed, you could hear gasps and groans in the audience. I was too shocked to utter a sound. SFW was a key technology in combating Russian numbers and quality, and to have something like that in Russian hands was a nightmare. Though numbers now favor US/NATO, Russian SFW remains a nightmare. That said, if it's there and is applicable in the context of the game, then I believe it should be there, likewise Centimetr, DPICM, FASCAM, directional mines and other nastiness.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler