(Expensive) Recommendation--Forgive me!

Get May 16, 2014 Military History Bargain Book catalog. Edward R. Hamilton Book Company

www.hamiltonbook. (you know)

While it's not quite "send me one of everything," it trends strongly in that direction, with gobs of goodies for both Eastern Front and Western Front Buffs--over and above all the other grog goodness. Be your thing weapon first person accounts, combat tech, battle accounts for land, sea and air, operational art, grand strategy, nations at war, espionage, uniforms and equipments, badges and awards or leader studies, prepare to lose your minds, find a larger place or build another room to hold your burgeoning library. Further madness awaits in the DVD offerings.

Were I writing tags for a page on this catalog I'd be here a week. WW II Spec Ops alone would fill an entire shelf in my bookcase, probably with significant overflow. And, yes, the Russian side is well represented even unto partisans and NKVD at the front. Even saw an OOB book for the Red Army tank formations, listed by battle.

I've seen some of these catalogs from Hamilton on military history before, but this one occupies a realm unto itself. My mind's still reeling from going through it earlier, in fact.

Two books on sale there from our very own Harry Yeide: US Army Separate Tank Battalions and Tank Destroyers!

While you can order online, it's far cheaper to download a form and use snail mail mit check or money order. Who else will send you a literal ton of books for $3.50--total postage and handling?

Here's your mantra. Recite heavily while reading and after viewing catalog. (Not that it'll do any good).

"I can quit any time."

Good luck with that.

Regards,

John Kettler

majorbly50,

Har! Har! If you're going to go that route, then may I suggest the excellent Danger UXB series? As for 12 O'clock High, quick, who produced it? No cheating. The answer is burned into my brain, as is the sponsor for The Rifleman. Yes, I'm worried about this condition, too. There's also The Pacific War,which isn't BoB but instead lives in its own milieu, the Rat Patrol and McHale's Navy. The last features real PT boats, and Ernest Borgnine did ten years in the Navy, including something called WW II. You may also be interested to know that Eddie Albert (Green Acres) was at Tarawa.

Regards,

John Kettler