Perplexed with Kiwi Soldiers

I like trying out small battles because it helps you to get a better feel for how to get the most out of your available troops.

For the life of me I can't seem to figure out the Kiwi Soldiers battle. I try to get the most out of each asset, but every time my advance gets snuffed out.

For reference I'll insert a picture of the map.

KiwiSoldiers_zpsef919876.jpg

The enemy forces are well fortified in a building ahead of the walls, and a building on the hill.

The map maker suggests attacking 1 position at a time; not both simultaneously.

To my mind the obvious choice to attack 1st is the lower building, as there is not a lengthy exposure to attack if approaching the building straight on. The problem is that there is only one area square that is somewhat safe once the alley has been crossed. When troops start piling up is when they get shredded at an angle from a long window. The soldiers act dumb and get killed if they try entering the building. I've tried different approaches such as attempting to blast a hole in the building with the anti-tank gun, which doesn't dent the building. I've tried using the limited artillery on buildings with no avail. I've tried getting a foothold by using the railway as cover, but there is no protection from this approach. I've tried laying smoke as cover. As soon as the smoke clears my men die.

This led me to believe that the best approach would be to attack the MG'er in the building on the hill, and the sniper team behind the wall 1st. This fails everytime as my MG'ers in my building get killed by the German MG'er every time. I've been able to clear out the sniper team but that's as far as I've got. I've been able to advance to a fence outside the compound but from there they pick up the fire from the lower German occupied building.

Could someone who has got through this battle share the tactics they used to defeat the German fortified positions? I'd like to gain some tactical understanding from this map and move on to the other battles.

You will likely find this thread interesting: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=109932

I too started with the rail station but managed only a draw (felt like a loss). My second try was to take the farm first.

Here is the thing, you need to suppress or block the fire teams in the rail station and the fire team in the farm in order to make it up the hill. So, what I did was drop the mortar shells on the rail station - not a heavy barrage you want it to last a while. Then I smoked the farm house itself. Then head up the hill and take you lumps. Leapfrogging with alternating fire teams shooting up the farm defenders as you go. Once you fight you way into the farm rest and regroup and spend some ammo firing at the rail station before you send a couple of teams back down the hill. I did not manage to do as well as some in the above thread but the Kiwis did prevail.

Ian; thank you for your description of how you have tried this scenario; I'll want to try this myself.

Sorry for not catching that there was already a thread circulating on this subject. I submitted quickly because I have company. I have read the attached thread through; it does give some good ideas, it also makes me feel good that I'm not the only one stumped with this wicked scenario. I do like having a couple real stumpers like this to work through; especially on the smaller scale. It helps you to appreciate your force composition.