SALANG BLUES Campaign

Erwin

A bit confused by this one. In Battles 5 and 6 one is given IED trigger teams. But, I don't see any IED's.

Are they hidden someplace and I need to place them in the setup turn?

And until the night scenarios I don't understand why one even has engineers with demo charges since one can't get close enough to any Russian units to use em.

Anyone completed this campaign?

The IEDs are very hard to spot and can look like unexploded artillery shells or big oilbarrels. You can see them in the setup menu with a blue square as you can any other friendly unit or an explosion icon during battle if you have these options on.

Well I have tested it and according to the manual this is how trigger teams work:

Each trigger team is assigned one IED. You place your IED during the setup menu anywhere in the ligh-blue sector. To activate the IED you must select it during battle and then choose "target" and target anywhere on the map. The IED is wire-detonated wich means that your triggerteam must fullfill four requirements to detonate it:

1. It must not be more than 100m away from the IED

2. It must be able to see the IED. At night this means you must be much closer than 100m to the IED.

3. The IED has a failrate of 50%. This means it can fail to detonate.

4. It will only detonate if an enemy is nearby and your IED troops can see the enemy near the IED.

So this is a very advanced weapon to use.

Actually you can't get close to russian troops but the russian troops can get close to you. Just make sure your engineers are hidden and dont fire. When the enemy unit comes within 30m range tell your engineers to engage and they will probably throw a satchel charge at it. Be carefull the blast can sometimes even kill your own engineers. If they are to die make them die for something big and juicy.

To remind you for every battle in this campaign. Your troops are superior at close range. If you engage the Russians to early they will simply bomb you to death from long range. Let them come as close as possible before opening fire.

Maybe I simply didn't see the IED's in the setup turn. Will take another look.

Ok I restarted scenario 5 - initial set-up turn. But, I can't see any IED's. I have seen them in in other scenarios when the blue teams discover them.

"You can see them in the setup menu with a blue square as you can any other friendly unit or an explosion icon during battle if you have these options on."

Sorry, don't understand what you are saying. I go to level 8 or 9, and I can see all the units. I can drag a rectangle around all units to select them. But, no IED's.