The Art of Ammo Reclaimation - Better off Dead and no Buddy Aid

You have to love this game....

So I have a Shreck team that take a HE hit and the man with the ammo dies...

His buddy moves up to him and it shows he now has access to 2 rounds for the Shreck!!

Excellent.

Give your buddy some aid and the 2 rounds now disappear with the dead buddy and not into your inventory....

Ar%e.....

Maybe a bug? Maybe a feature. I can provide save files and pics if needed...

I should have just stayed near his body and left him well alone...

It would be no problem in the game if my men can take out tanks with grenades as effectively as the Americans which have taken out a Panther front on (Front arc of Panther facing American Inf behind two sets of bocage.)

The joy I felt as that key bit of kit died to a single grenade, the first hit toss!!!

Bu%%er

A great scenario but some odd happenings.

It would be no problem in the game if my men can take out tanks with grenades as effectively as the Americans which have taken out a Panther front on (Front arc of Panther facing American Inf behind two sets of bocage.)

The joy I felt as that key bit of kit died to a single grenade, the first hit toss!!!

When infantry attack a tank with grenades, they are considered to be close assaulting the tank. Their aspect to the tank does not matter (but approaching from behind increases their survivability significantly). Taking out a tank with one grenade is very lucky.

Taking out a tank with one grenade is very lucky.

Your telling me....

What about Ammo being shown as available and then disappearing when you have buddy aided the chap.

I guess maybe it is random on what you get off a dead body, but if it shows up available there is a bit of a mismatch in the code. It surely should be randomised on death and not on completion of buddy aid.

Mind you not that you ever have a choice about buddy aid but I guess I could have positioned the Shreck guy a action spot away and maybe still had access to the 2 spare rounds...