some more oddities

NjPPy.jpg

Jag4 would not fire on the house. Moved the jag4 forward 5 meters and tried again; still wouldn’t shoot. Target’d a piece of ground in front and no problem shooting that. Tried doing ‘light’ targeting the house and that worked. BTW: behind the tree in the middle is another house and another jag4 had no problem in putting rounds into it. And no, duh, didn’t think to try that jag4.

3bwzP.jpg

Mortar team, after 2 turns, still hasn’t popped it’s smoke grenade. At the start of each turn, pushed the ‘pop smoke’ command. This is the end of a turn.

Zu3d3.jpg

Noticed that men and mortar were separated, but still a unit, i.e. mortar was not abandoned and plotted a target for it. Once targeted, during the turn, two men starting running to the mortar and one in the opposite direction. Then the two seemed to start work on the mortar and the single guy seemed to be working on the mortar as well. And then:

GVBUR.jpg

The mortar, teleported to the other position and then all three men started running again; the two to the new position, the one to the old position. They kept this bouncing from site to site for several turns; (didn’t noticed it, busy elsewhere). I cleared the target and did a short move to a new position. That worked, brought everyone back together and could now resume targeting. I believe I may know what happened or at least where it may have started. The mortar teams was under a ‘quick’ order and at the start of a new turn, were around 30 meters from their plotted position and were very tired; but some of the team was already at the plotted position. So i canceled the rest of the move and put them under a ‘hide’ order, to let them rest. On the next turn, I noticed the mortar its' self was in one position and the crew were huddled together in another, but the mortar was not showing as being abandoned. So I plotted a target and the above started.