Is this a waste of ammo or just a cruel TC?

I believe in real life, tanks mostly used just their MGs for fighting infantry. HE were used for group targets, or targets behind obstacles/fortified, not for one or few soldiers that could be just as good killed with MG. There reasons were:

- HE ammo is much more expensive than MG

- the barrels are wearing

- there could be ammo shortcomings (especially for Germans), ammo sometimes was precious

- you could need this ammo later that day

In Tiger fibel and Panther fibel there are fragments that say to not use HE ammo in situations where MG is enough

I have feeling that tanks in CMBN are using their gun too often agains targets that in real life would be fighted with MGs. Like single soldiers or small groups of soldiers in open terrain.

It could be tweaked a bit.

I have feeling that tanks in CMBN are using their gun too often agains targets that in real life would be fighted with MGs. Like single soldiers or small groups of soldiers in open terrain.

It could be tweaked a bit.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I think it's only in the movies that a tank would shoot off HE at a single soldier in the open. Exception if the soldier were manning some weapon that might be deadly for the tank and there was already HE up the spout.

Michael