Artillery spotter not counting down

I have an artillery spotter who was broken earlier but is now OK. I gave him a new target and it said 2 minutes. But after three turns, it still is not counting down -- still says 2 minutes.

I am familiar with it counting down at 1/2 speed if they do not have LOS, but have never seen one not count down at all. Anyone know what is up with this? He does have LOS to the target.

If I remember my BO, the shown time is always the base and the countdown rate is adjusted for modifiers (the shown time is adjusted in BB/AK). If you are targeting out of LOS, this could be 2x time, similar for out of command and low quality spotter. You could just be counting down at 1/4 the normal rate and not seeing the time go buy. It is possible the fire could take 7-8 minutes. On the other hand, if you are in command and LOS, there may be something wrong.