Question about making AI plans for QB maps

Hi guys,

One thing that would really persuade me to buy CMBN is the ability to fairly easily make simple QB maps and the AI plans that are required for them.

I had a play around in the demo and messed around with the map editor okay but I'm not sure how easy AI plans are to make.

Are they fairly straight-forward to make, assuming you don't want to construct anything too complex?

I don't mind perserving a little to learn how to do it: I managed to find my way in the Arma 2 editor after a while to make up scenarios.

But is the making of AI plans in CMBN a bit more involved/hardcore?

Knowing how to do this would add a lot to it for me.

Also, are their any options to randomise locations/appearance of AI units a la Arma 2 in its editor - so even the scenario designer does not really know what he faces?

Thanks for any replies.

Mo.

Mo74

AI Plans can be really simple or very complex. You can put all the AI units into one group (They go into Group 1 by default so you don't have to do anything) and paint one huge movement objective on the Victory locations and the AI wil move towards them. It might give you a challenge at first until you learn the ropes. Then, when you're ready to tackle something a bit tougher, you can create a second AI group and co-ordinate them. Eventually, you can have a total of 8 AI groups with 16 orders each and have loads of fun co-ordinating them together into a coherent attack.

You can randomise the start locations of AI controlled forces if you use different AI plans. It's possibe to create quite a bit of uncertainty even with very simple AI plans.

Many thanks for both your replies; I won't repost in the other forum since my question has been answered now. :)

It seems CMBN does offer the kind of thing I was after in terms of making simple scenarios and increasing replayability!

Regards,

Mo.