I'm sure this is a stupid question...

but I'm trying to create mod, and I "save as" and name my new campaign, but when I try to open there is a padlock symbol to the left of the campaign name, and the editor allows me to open it up, but when I look for the cgn. file or folder, I can't find it. There seems to be a compatibility issue.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

thanks

but I'm trying to create mod, and I "save as" and name my new campaign, but when I try to open there is a padlock symbol to the left of the campaign name, and the editor allows me to open it up, but when I look for the cgn. file or folder, I can't find it. There seems to be a compatibility issue.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

thanks

No, this is one I have never seen. If you are running this under Vista or Win7 make sure you are running the both the game and the editor with administrator rights. You can set this in the compatibility tab for each shortcut/icon. This way you will not have to remember to select "run as administrator" each time you run the program.

For the Editor, what appears to be a 'lock' on your campaign file is (I believe) the way Windows let's you know that this campaign is not going to be found in your 'Campaigns' folder but rather in the 'Virtual Folder' that is accessible when you navigate to within your 'Campaigns' folder in the Windows Explorer and then click on the 'Compatibility Files' tab found in the upper left portion of the Explorer.

This is just how Windows handles files that are changed in the Program Files directory.

Let me know if you were able to find the location of these files.

For the Editor, what appears to be a 'lock' on your campaign file is (I believe) the way Windows let's you know that this campaign is not going to be found in your 'Campaigns' folder but rather in the 'Virtual Folder' that is accessible when you navigate to within your 'Campaigns' folder in the Windows Explorer and then click on the 'Compatibility Files' tab found in the upper left portion of the Explorer.

This is just how Windows handles files that are changed in the Program Files directory.

Let me know if you were able to find the location of these files.

Running the editor in administrative mode will eliminate this issue.