Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Hamelet v2 ..some help please.! :)

Well !I just found out normandy was out..Im a big cmbo cmbb cmak fan (bought them all!)...

I did'nt have either normandy or afghanistan...bought them this week...:)

I am amazed ..even if its hard it's fun.I like the challenge.Can't get trough hamelet whithout loosing alot of troops.On the left there is a machine gun (spoiler warning) plus a mg nest and sometimes a marder III..on the right..a mg42 squad plus TONS of troops in their sandbag defenses and a mg bunker..

Whats the best route or the way you succeded..(btw I had a bug once where all the artillery I called landed offmap..wasnt an emergency call.)

Since the AI is not very good at shifting forces from quiet sectors to hot sectors, I tend to concentrate my forces against one spot (but not bunched up tight due to the danger of an artillery strike). I then blast through the spot & then roll up the AI position from the flanks & rear.

The spot I pick is based on "if I were defending this position where I would set up my forces" and them strike the spot that seems least likely to be strongly held. I also use the pre-games artillery strikes to plaster that zone so if I picked wrong, the forces there aren't at full strength when the fight start. I also look at the map & try to figure out if I were to set up ambush spots, where would they go, so sometimes my first attack plan is set exactly where I would set up an ambush, so then it's time for plan B.

Jyri

Hamelet v2, eh? That means that you lost the previous mission, 'Le Grand Hameau' and as a result, both your tanks and howitzer support have been diverted to help out there. So you've pulled one of the most difficult variants of this mission. It's a toughie but you have plenty of time so locate the enemy, destroy it with whatever you have at hand, (you might still have some ammo remaining for those 81mm mortars) and then move in. You are correct that the AI player has zero ability to react to the Human player's moves so take full advantage of this. Take your time, hit them hard and move on to the next strongpoint.

Good luck and you have my respect for sticking with the result rather than reloading for a better one. If you can win this mission, it will help you with the following missions.

And welcome to the boards... :)