French troops marching into a non-active Italy with Forced March - bug?

Hi,

In my latest e-mail game, I was surprised to discover that Innsbruck had been captured by a French unit via Italy, and apparently the unit was only able to move and enter into Italy via using the Forced March feature - not by normal movement. This seems like a clear bug to me, and would be a game-ender if my opponent hadn't agreed to redo the last turn (where he captures Innsbruch). I have a low tolerance for bug abuse, and thus would have forfeited the game unless this would be done (not that I pressured him into it - he suggested it himself.) I've still lost the border towns, of course, but I might be able to build a new detachment to capture them before Italy joins. That's funds I can't afford right now, though - we'll see if the game is spoiled.

I suppose we can make a gentleman's agreement that he won't advance on the towns illegally captured when Italy joins until I've got my guys in there (because I can't use rail transport to get there instantly).

Hi Glabro,

I've attempted to test this a bit based on your description and I can't seem to be able to repeat it.

Can you confirm that this was indeed a 'forced march' movement? I only ask as the code is setup to not allow what you've described above, i.e. 'forced march' only allows movement within friendly territory and does not allow for the capture of any non friendly resources.

Either way, seeing the turn on my end will help me to narrow it down, thanks,

Hubert

Received the turn, thanks and I've now fixed the bug.

My misunderstanding as I thought it was a situation where the French were capturing the town via forced march but it was more the ability to enter into Italy via forced march that was the issue as you properly described.

Looks like the problem was that the forced march allowed the French to enter Italy even though Italy was not yet fully mobilized... consider this fixed for the next release :)