Audigy queries

Apache

Just got the new PC which has the above card. The system has a Ti 4200 128M Vid Card and Athlon 2100+ and 512M 2700 DDR. OS is XP Home.

On the Audigy demo I have found a couple of the 'examples' which do not work. I have tried uninstall and re-install and still not joy. They are both under the gaming section:

1) 3D demo with the 4 icons in the corners of the screen which you drag around - no sound at all?

2) 5.1 Demo - I hit play and it says please wait. I wait and wait and zilch happens?

The 'Gold Mine' demo works fine.

Also:

3) With 5.1 speakers - I presume you must be running a game that supports 5.1 to get sound from centre speaker? At first, even with the 'test' tab I got no sound from the centre, just a muffle that you could barely hear. When I went to settings and unchecked and re-checked the two boxes (crossover etc) it worked? When I test digital output only on them I get nothing other than a kind of white noise sound.

When re-installing it did say 'select digital as default' and I hit no.

I tend to use sound card facilities little and to be honest I don't really bother/know much about all the things they can do. Can anyone recommend a some settings that will get the best in terms of effects from CMBB?

Originally posted by Apache:

I tend to use sound card facilities little and to be honest I don't really bother/know much about all the things they can do. Can anyone recommend a some settings that will get the best in terms of effects from CMBB?

I use; *no reverb*, EAX setting-none or lite, default speaker sound settings. I like this just fine.

I bought the Audigy because it has lower CP utilization, not for its true purpose. smile.gif

Rgds,

KC