Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Problem with CMBO After Action Report

Hello, I have a Pentium 4 2.4ghz system with 512 RAM and a MSI GeForce 4 4200Ti w/ 128RAM video card. I have the latest direct X drivers and Nvidia drivers and my OS is Windows XP.

When I finish a mission the After Action Report is just a blank white page. Then when I go back to the main menu and try to pick a scenario they are all blank as well; I cannot see the titles or descriptions. I have to restart the game to and go back to the saved mission to view the After Action Report and to be able to see scenarios and descriptions.

Alt-Tab to minimize CM and then remaximize it. This will bring the white colors back to the foreground. White becomes transparent in the 2D screens with the newer drivers (and this was a problem with some earlier drivers). Refreshing the screen clears this problem up (temporarily).

If CM is your main addiction and your GeForce isn't an AGP 8X card, then you may want to remove the 44.03 and use the 30.82 or 30.87 drivers instead since they have no problems with CM.

FSAA is Full Screen/Scene Anti-Aliasing. You can find the NVidia setting for this (which is generically 'OFF' if you haven't set it) by going to the Control Panels > Display control panel > Settings tab > Advanced Settings button > GeForce 4 4200 tab > Additional Settings (from memory) button > the first tab should be the Anti-Aliasing tab and the default setting is usually 'Application Controlled', which generally means that it is off. You can set this setting to 'Manual' and shut it off or to any of the other settings (which will slow down your display). With FSAA on you can get some corruption or black/blank screens when switching between CM and other apps. White elements of the 2D screen (including text) can also become corrupted.

The 30.82/30.87 drivers don't have the 'white transparency' problems or the FSAA problems. However this driver doesn't work with GeForce 4's newer than the 4600 (which is basically the FX series, GeForce 4 4800 and possibly some 4400's that have AGP 8X).