Good news for Voodoo5 and XP

If you're like me and got a Voodoo card, love the Anti-Aliasing, and was mighty dissapointed with the demise of the company, well there's some good news on the CM front. I've been playing with XP and downloaded the 1.08.04 drivers for XP off the x3dfx.com website.

The new driver works great with XP, but of course, no test is complete without the CMBO test! So, I fire up CM and low and behold the mouse dropping problem is gone. No more ugly square boxes when I click on the entry screens. I then ESC to the desktop and open the window again. While there is still a bit of corruption on certain lettering, the important parts of the screen are clear, readable, and most playable. If I ESC and restore enough times, eventually the screen corrupts just as it always did before, but it allows me a few to change background music, fire off an e-mail, or whatever.

So, if you've been dreading the move to XP and looking at that Geforce card as the only way to get there, the guys at x3dfx have done a great job and will let you hang onto your voodoo card a bit longer.

Later,

Carl