Bug report

kcs

I just wanted to let you know about a bug with 1.05 (maybe it's fixed in the Beta). Apparently when doing a quick battle for email, it's sometimes possible for the player who set up the scenario to access the initial file, input the password for his opponent (which is not yet on file) and view all of his opponent's units. This is not good...

Guest Madmatt

Well, okay but think that through some.

Once he does that, the game remembers the password he used to get in and then once he sends the file to his opponent that guy will NOT be able to get in as there is a password already set-up.

If this is the case then there is no problem since it's doubtful the other player will continue to play when he can't get in.

If you figured out a way to get in and have it *not* remember the password then please let me know via email and I will check it out.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-08-2001).]

An excellent point! I simply MUST remember to engage my brain before operating my mouth...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Well, okay but think that through some.

Once he does that, the game remembers the password he used to get in and then once he sends the file to his opponent that guy will NOT be able to get in as there is a password already set-up.

If this is the case then there is no problem since it's doubtful the other player will continue to play when he can't get in.

If you figured out a way to get in and have it *not* remember the password then please let me know via email and I will check it out.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-08-2001).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>