White expanding Block

I have reported earlier that I have an expanding white square with explosions on high graphics, unable to screen capture and unable to get 1078 x768 res with my Voodoo 2 card. Just installed tnt2 card got rid of Matrox and Voodoo2 cards, I can screen capture, now get transparent houses fog looks better, now play in 1078 res, but still have white expanding squares on high quality explosions. The TNT driver is V 4.12.01.0377 and I am using DX7 any ideas folks starting to piss me off, do need to use DX7.0a?

Ron

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

Assuming that you've used the v. 1.01 patch (and your CD wasn't originally v. 1.02)...

Did you copy the new BMPs (1720-1729) to the BMP directory ? They can't be in a subdirectory within the BMP folder or they won't be "seen".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I copied everything across correctly, I am getting the effects of the new explosins but it is followed by the expanding white square, I have checked to see if the new bmp files are there and they are. Is there any settings I need to change on my card?

Ron

By the way thanks for your input Schrullenhaft

[This message has been edited by Blackwood (edited 07-16-2000).]

Blackwood,

I had this problem when I first installed the game also. My solution was to re-install, and then copy the files from the patch over again, making sure I got them all in the right place. So, unfortunately, I can't really tell you specifically what I did to get rid of the problem (I assume I improperly copied some files from the patch the first time but that is just a guess), but you may want to try starting over again. BTW, I also did the video card driver update and the DX7 update prior to re-installing, all to no avail. I just had to start all over from scratch.