Hoped for improvements...

I've just started playing CMSF after a long absence. Yeah, it's as fun as I'd remembered. ;)

I did, however, forget that the Panzerfaust 3-IT600 can apparently be fired from indoors. That lack of knowledge affected how I deployed my troops. I split off a lot of antitank teams and put them outside of buildings. Many of them died...needlessly. It would be an understatement to say I was surprised when I saw an indoor squad fire its Panzerfaust 3.

Would there be any chance to add an icon to show whether or not a weapon is limited to being fired outdoors?

Ken

FMB, there are too many exceptions. Sure, I can try to remember which weapon does what, but a little icon - like a house with an "x" over it - would sure be helpful. There are so many "soft launch" rocket weapons that I don't know which weapon has a "soft enough" launch to be fired from inside a structure. I can only imagine that CMSFII will be worse with regards to the plethora of available weapon's choices.

FMB, there are too many exceptions. Sure, I can try to remember which weapon does what, but a little icon - like a house with an "x" over it - would sure be helpful. There are so many "soft launch" rocket weapons that I don't know which weapon has a "soft enough" launch to be fired from inside a structure. I can only imagine that CMSFII will be worse with regards to the plethora of available weapon's choices.

IMO, not really. (Obviously, we disagree here, but I've never had an issue with it, FWIW. :))

Basically, unless you need to deploy it, it can be fired in a building, as far as I know. I can't think of an exception to that rule. All RPGs, M136s, LAWs, British versions of those two, Javelins, machine guns, and Panzerfausts can be fired in buildings. The only ones I'm not sure about are the Gill and the SRAAW(H) (which I haven't used enough for it to have been a problem :D). Weapons that need to be deployed that can't be fired in a building won't let you deploy in a building, so that solves that problem! :D