Random QB Settings known at Purchase

Very small "behavior" I thought I would mention.

When setting up a PBEM Quick Battle with random settings, players will be able to see the size, time, etc... when loading from the Saved Games screen by looking at the icons on the right side. Not really a big deal at all, but it undermines the value of random settings in PBEM as the initiator can simply restart the game until he gets the results he wants. Also, both players will know the settings before then neey to make purchases, which eliminates some of the fun of the random settings.

Separate issue is that it would be nice to be able to see the full "briefing" info for a QB before making purchases. (Although, that's mostly because I find the aforementioned icons a bit difficult to understand, and refuse to RTFM....)

Very small "behavior" I thought I would mention.

When setting up a PBEM Quick Battle with random settings, players will be able to see the size, time, etc... when loading from the Saved Games screen by looking at the icons on the right side. Not really a big deal at all, but it undermines the value of random settings in PBEM as the initiator can simply restart the game until he gets the results he wants. Also, both players will know the settings before then neey to make purchases, which eliminates some of the fun of the random settings.

Separate issue is that it would be nice to be able to see the full "briefing" info for a QB before making purchases. (Although, that's mostly because I find the aforementioned icons a bit difficult to understand, and refuse to RTFM....)

Well, as the initiator of the PBEM, I have yet to see the outcome of the random settings... It was, quite literally, pick the year, month, set the random setting for everything else, choose a side, then "Send the file to your opponent".

I suspect that workflow is to combat the very thing you mentioned about restarting... not very random if I were able to iterate the creation until the dice fell towards something I liked.

Well, as the initiator of the PBEM, I have yet to see the outcome of the random settings... It was, quite literally, pick the year, month, set the random setting for everything else, choose a side, then "Send the file to your opponent".

I suspect that workflow is to combat the very thing you mentioned about restarting... not very random if I were able to iterate the creation until the dice fell towards something I liked.

I sent back the turn last night. When you select that file from the Saved Games screen, you will see the icons. If I am not mistaken, you have not yet made your purchases, so you'll have access to the same information. (I originally thought that the initiator wouldn't have this knowledge until after purchases, which would be an unfair disadvantage, but that is not the case).

In order to generate random games until you got the settings that you wanted, you would have to move that first file into your incoming games folder, and select it there to see what settings had been generated.

Of course, none of this would have been worth looking into, except for the fact that I am playing a cheating bastich from the Shavian House. It also would not have been necessary if someone had put together Crodaburg for CMBN. For now, we will have to make due with random. Hope you are ready for an armored meeting engagement in the rough at night.... (Strangely, I don't think weather is indicated by the icons.)