Unintended Or By Design?

Recently, I noticed I was unable to use operational movement between the north and south of Britain. Units in the north were able to move point to point in the north and souther units were able to move point to point in the south but inspected the rail network and it was contiguous from north to south. The only reason I can see is two of the cities the rail lines pass through have zero MPP value. These cities are not and have not been in enemy control yet for some reason the game engine acts as though these cities have broken rail lines.

Is this how the engine is supposed to work or is this an unintended effect of how cities are classified?:confused:

No, there is no game mechanism in place to put these cities at zero value. Rather, they are that way until the economy ramps up for total war. This is in addition to the Industrial Production research modifiers.

Is this in a default campaign or a mod? Only what you're describing shouldn't happen in the default campaigns and there are no scripts to represent British cities ramping up for war.

If it is in a default campaign, please can you let me know which cities and the date in your campaign?

Thanks

Bill

It's a mod. The cities are Leeds and Liverpool. These are not initially counted for MPP production but are added later on by Resource scripts.

In the mod there are two solutions as I see it:

1. Build a railroad around these cities to remove the bottleneck or

2. Swap these two cities for two others which would not cause a bottleneck on the active list.

Just wondering if this is an intended effect or unintended one since in the regular scenarios all cities are active initially except for Russian cities in siberia.

Ah, that makes more sense then because it sounded a little strange as although strikes will impact resource strength, this seemed like a little bit more.

I would suggest asking whoever designed the mod to change the locations to perhaps Bradford and Manchester, as this would have less impact on rail movement. Or to the mine in 205,43 but that will impact the UK's income slightly more. Presuming of course that everything else is the same as in the default WWI campaigns, as it's a mod the designer may have changed other things too.

Alternatively, they could use a Decision event to deduct income from the UK for a set number of turns, as this would avoid any interruption to the UK's rail services.