Tanks not firing at target

Whut? The edge limits I'm talking about are more likely to happen when you have got time to fiddle and faff til you've got (what you hope is) the absolute minimum exposure of your assets. They're still 'more' likely (than you might expect) for RT players, since they still try and find the edges, even if they don't have the time to get them as fine as often as a WeGoer might (and that would only be when the Pause button isn't available, either through choice or playing head-to-head.

The way I set up a "keyhole" or target while in the woods. I just learned this after my problems with LOS changing when the turret rotated to engage a target while in the woods. You have to have a turn or two to set this up. Once you think that you are in a good position you can check your LOS to your anticipated target area by setting up a very narrow cover arc to the anticipated target. This way the turret will rotate to where its going to be when the tank tries to target and you can check your LOS in the new position. Of course you might not be able to check all the possible angles but you can get an idea of how things will look to the gunner when the turret is in different positions.

The way I set up a "keyhole" or target while in the woods. I just learned this after my problems with LOS changing when the turret rotated to engage a target while in the woods. You have to have a turn or two to set this up. Once you think that you are in a good position you can check your LOS to your anticipated target area by setting up a very narrow cover arc to the anticipated target. This way the turret will rotate to where its going to be when the tank tries to target and you can check your LOS in the new position. Of course you might not be able to check all the possible angles but you can get an idea of how things will look to the gunner when the turret is in different positions.

That's a nice technique, when you have the leisure to execute it. And if you're hunting kitties with ronsons, better make that time.