Possible line of sight bug.

I have a Sherman with a target line to a target at 120m. I click the "button" to play the turn and the tank does not fire. I happened to have saved the turn so I reload and try again, still won't fire. I check line of sight after the no fire turn and low and behold the targeted area is no longer in line of sight but the target line is still there. The tank has not moved and it didn't sink into the ground so the line of sight between the two turns should not have changed. Has anybody else experienced this problem. I have save turns.

How much ammo does it have left?

Another thing is that the LOS is traced from the TC's position, which is a little higher than the gunsight. If there is an intervening obstacle, the TC may be able to see over to the target but the gunner might not.

Michael

During the first turn there were no obstacles in the way and the target line was laid (orange line). The turn was played and the tank did not fire. On the next command sequence I checked the tank to find out why it didn't fire. The orange target line was still there indicating the tanks target. I checked los and no longer had los to the target area from the tank or to with in several yards around it. There would have had to be los the first turn to get the orange target line to stick. The tank was buttoned on the first turn and was still buttoned at the end of the turn so I don't think the TCs los would have changed unless he was looking out of a different view port/periscope.

I think I found the reason for the change in the tanks LOS capability. During the initial targeting phase the tank was flank on to the target with the turret facing forward. At the start of the action phase of the turn the turret rotated ccw about 75 or 80 degrees to engage the target and the tank lost LOS to the target and didn't fire. I found this out by giving the tank a target dead ahead for the next turn. The next turn the tank rotated it's turret forward to engage the new target and fired at the target. At the end of the turn, with the tanks turret still facing forward, I rechecked the LOS to the original target on the tanks flank and was able to get LOS to it again. I repeated this several times and it was the same every time. Seems funny that the tank would have better LOS to the flank. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be?

I think I found the reason for the change in the tanks LOS capability. During the initial targeting phase the tank was flank on to the target with the turret facing forward. At the start of the action phase of the turn the turret rotated ccw about 75 or 80 degrees to engage the target and the tank lost LOS to the target and didn't fire. I found this out by giving the tank a target dead ahead for the next turn. The next turn the tank rotated it's turret forward to engage the new target and fired at the target. At the end of the turn, with the tanks turret still facing forward, I rechecked the LOS to the original target on the tanks flank and was able to get LOS to it again. I repeated this several times and it was the same every time. Seems funny that the tank would have better LOS to the flank. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be?

Repeated the same tests as above with the hatch open and the results were the same.