Testers needed for basic PBEM sorting utility

Hi,

I have written a small utility with very very basic functionality to help sort PBEM files for CMA/CMBN/CMSF. I have tested it on my computer and it works for me, but I require additional testers to make sure that it works on other systems as well as getting user friendliness feedback.

The utility is written in Java and should work on Windows as well as Mac and if you have a Java Runtime Environment installed (this is one of the things I am testing).

The utility is really simple. At first run, it will ask you to enter the path to the main game folders. It will then create folders for each game. Put the incoming PBEM file in the corresponding folder and double click MoveFiles.bat. That's it :). The utility will then move the files to the right folders (hopefully ;)) and archive the old PBEM files in a folder and leave only the most recent (i.e. the file with the highest number) in the Incoming and Outgoing mail folder.

The zip attached contains the .bat files, the .jar file as well as the source code. Mac user will have to contact me because the .bat files won't work for them.

To reconfigure the utility simply remove config.txt

Hope to get some feedback.

CleanUpPBEM.zip

I wish I had asked for it... : 0

The instructions I followed closely. I am reasonably confident and thought perhaps a little more hand holding with an explanatory txt file would help. As it happens though the widget appears to run I do wonder how I know if JAva is loaded and not being blocked.

I am using win7

I have just added a new file but i still have the odd 100 in my folder.