B-17 crash in Chicago

I concur. I flew on Aluminum Overcast a few years ago. Some of the best money I ever spent, and I've never once regretted it. It really is a once in a lifetime experience that I'll never, ever forget.

Same here! I got to fly in Nine 'O' Nine- in the back of my mind was the question of how safe it was going up in an ancient WW2 bomber, without the modern emergency exits, etc., but getting the chance to fly in a B-17 was worth it and I'd love to go up again! I figure you're still in more danger just driving to the airport than going up in one!

But none of them were 4 engine bombers that had burned up, were they? Its one thing to rebuild a single-engine fighter and another to tackle a multi-engine a/c. Why do you think there's no Bettys or Frances flying around?

http://www.cwd.co.nz/issues/Classic_Wings_Sample.pdf

Swamp Ghost can be seen in situ here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-9.1979,148.661733&spn=0.002,0.002&t=k&q=-9.1979,148.661733

Very cool.

Wow... that plane was in the middle of a great big empty, wasn't it?

As soon as I saw the old style marking on the fusilage, I knew it had to be an E. Also, the top turret was the earlier, squatter model with the armor on the sides.

Nice!

Thanks for the linky-poos!

Wow... that plane was in the middle of a great big empty, wasn't it?

Heh, yeh. At first I scrolled in to geta better look, then I scrolled out to try and get a sense of where it was. And out. And out. And out. And .. oh, there's the coast. And out. Hmm where are we again? And out. And out. Ok, clouds, and a bit more coast? And out. And OMFGWHERETHEHELLISTHISTHING!