The QB Experience

So folks here at the BF forums, I have to ask you all your thoughts on the new QB system.

For me personally, the bread and butter of my CMx1 time was spent on QBs I could play out in a sitting or two. I enjoyed Operations and Scenarios, but I really loved picking a force and seeing if the balance worked out on the field against an equal foe. CMSF, the QB system wasn't what I was looking for, but I still played them. I did start playing way more included and fan built scenarios and making a few of my own using the editor like a QB builder.

Now here we are at CMBN. I must say, I LOVE the QB system in this game. I love the carefully crafted scenarios included, and have played many, and the campaigns are outstanding (what little of them I have seen thus far) but I have spent at least 80% of my time in QBs. Granted, the AI unit selection can be a bit off at times, but most often it is a good challenge, sometimes a crazy challenge. Last night, my company of Airborne and a few tanks came up against 4 Tigers and a Stug, plus 4 Pak 40s and a 75mm IG. Needless to say, the arty I bought came in handy, but a field full of Tigers what not what I expected. I find that, when I purchase the troops for both sides, I get much more of what I am looking for. When I give the AI a decent force to work with, the AI handles their troops well enough for the game to be convincing, which is what it's all about.

So I ask, what are your thoughts on the QB system? Do you play them often? Do you like how the AI picks and handles it's troops?

When i dont have much time , i love to play a quick a QB. The purchasing process is possibly the most fun part :) ... tend to find the actual battle inst up to much , not the same challenge as a BATTLE or CAMPAIGN. Found a cracking map recently Meeting-Engagement Med Rough 67 .... farm perch on a hill and a nice valley. Beautifully drawn map.

edited to say , purchase system for campaigns , now that would be fun .... not too realistic though.