Removing Ammo from Halftracks

Before I dismount my pixeltruppen.. I always grab all the Ammo out of the half-tracks.. now, I'm not sure if this weighs me down? ie. slower ground movement for the squad, or it makes no difference whatsoever?

Seems silly not to grab the ammo.. since going back to a blow-up halftrack kinda defeats the purpose of having that extra ammo there in the first place?..

Thanks.. just curious.. since this game penalizes anything that doesn't seem plausable (taking the entire 1800 7.92mm ammo boxes from the HT, in the real world, would WEIGH a squad down.. clinking along with all their stuff...)

Before I dismount my pixeltruppen.. I always grab all the Ammo out of the half-tracks.. now, I'm not sure if this weighs me down? ie. slower ground movement for the squad, or it makes no difference whatsoever?

Seems silly not to grab the ammo.. since going back to a blow-up halftrack kinda defeats the purpose of having that extra ammo there in the first place?..

Thanks.. just curious.. since this game penalizes anything that doesn't seem plausable (taking the entire 1800 7.92mm ammo boxes from the HT, in the real world, would WEIGH a squad down.. clinking along with all their stuff...)

Yes, it does affect the troops as to what they have, it likely makes them tire faster, plus less likely to pick up other items on the battlefield if they are already loaded. But having a ton of ammo on your troops is not a bad thing if you are planning on big fire fights.

Where do you get extra ammo if your 60mm mortar team doesn't have a mortar ammo bearer team? I looked at jeeps, trucks and HTs but the only silhouettes I see are for demo charges, AT rockets and grenades, etc., but not mortar bombs. Am I missing something, or is that team just out of luck and doomed to fight as infantry from now on?

Where do you get extra ammo if your 60mm mortar team doesn't have a mortar ammo bearer team? I looked at jeeps, trucks and HTs but the only silhouettes I see are for demo charges, AT rockets and grenades, etc., but not mortar bombs. Am I missing something, or is that team just out of luck and doomed to fight as infantry from now on?

Good question, I would like to know also. I am still trying to train myself as to acquiring ammo in the game.

Other than the 81mm Mortar halftracks, I have only seen vehicles carrying small arms ammo (including sometimes .50 cal), and also infantry "specials" (grenades, AT rockets, etc.).

I've never seen a vehicle carrying mortar bombs, so I suspect this is not in the game (yet). If your mortar teams and ammo bearer teams are dry, I guess you're SOL.