Dumb Tank Gunners

Can we get an AI tweak or something on this? I know this issue wouldn't occur in RT, but I play WEGO and stuff like this can be frustrating.

I hunt my tank forward, it spots a target, swivels and fires right into the gun of a previously destroyed Panzer. Over the next 52 seconds, this genius pumps 7 rounds into the end of that barrel. You can see the grey Sherman gun tube in the middle of the pics.

Something should have happened. The Panzer gun tube would have been destroyed, the gunner should have ceased firing after that first round, or the Tank Commander could have made some adjustments (moving forward or back) so as not to waste all that time firing useless rounds.

By the end of the turn, the Sherman tracks have taken splash damage and my crew went from Cautious to Rattled.

I'll just have to be aware of stuff like this in the future I guess. Watch my possible lanes of fire more closely. It was just something strange, and frustrating like I said.

Start of turn

5796657728_e7e82c431c.jpg

End of turn

5796098593_345e65b467.jpg

I noticed that, too. I have a feeling it occurs most often when the crew bails out of a still serviceable tank.

And they're not only dumb, sometimes they're pacifists as well. I've had a few instances now where an enemy tank was in plain sight with LOS&LOF and well, the crew just decided to marvel at how pretty that Sherman looks in the Norman landscape.

You are being punished for following the evil of WEGO

I know, but I never play RT. This game wasn't intended for that IMHO. I'll play CoH or some other game for RT.

I like watching that minute unfold and seeing all the cool stuff no matter where it happens on the battlefield.

Sometimes though, the crazy stuff gets annoying -

Tanks eventually deciding how to negotiate a turn, or clipping thru a building,

a Helen Keller platoon that just seems to sit and wait til they are damn good and ready to move, or the mad TC in my example who insists on firing multiple rounds into a nearby obstruction.

Still love the game though and am looking forward to all the good things to come.