Should IG ammo bearer help as gun crew?

In the game I am currently playing I have a 150mm infantry gun where two of the crew have been hit so I am now down to only a gunner and a loader. I need to be able to move the gun a bit, but the two of them don't seem to be able to make much progress. However, sitting right next to them is the 4 man loader team. You'd think that they would be able to help push the thing instead of sitting there laughing as the two poor bastards left on the gun crew try to push the heavy hunk of metal around.

Is is possible to code it so that ammo bearer teams can take over for dead or wounded crew? I would understand if they couldn't take over as gunner because they lack the proper training, but anyone should be able to help push the gun around. Thoughts?

To me, this is simply a programming issue. I believe it has been stated before that vehicle crews that abandon their vehicles can get back in them later, but gun crews who abandon their guns cannot crew them again. I am curious why this is so. To me, this makes infantry guns less effective than they should be; all you need to do to disable the gun is pick off a few of the crew because nobody can help them push the gun around. I think everyone would agree that this is an unrealistic limitation.

Battlefront, any chance you guys will take a look at this? Any chance you will change the code or is it just too difficult to change it given the way the code is currently written?