Blue Outline Around Trees

kgsan

Well, I got my new Geoforce 4 TI 4200 video card installed and I'm noticing a weird blue outline around some of the trees in CMBB. Has anybody seen something like this. Note, I am not using the new Nvidia beta drivers which I understand have had some problems. Wondering if anybody on the Board has any thoughts on what might be causing this or how to fix it? I've seen some refernce in other threads regarding tweak programs and I've downloaded the Geoforce Tweak utility but can't figure out which of the myriad variables might be worth changing here.

Originally posted by kgsan:

Well, I got my new Geoforce 4 TI 4200 video card installed and I'm noticing a weird blue outline around some of the trees in CMBB. Has anybody seen something like this. Note, I am not using the new Nvidia beta drivers which I understand have had some problems. Wondering if anybody on the Board has any thoughts on what might be causing this or how to fix it? I've seen some refernce in other threads regarding tweak programs and I've downloaded the Geoforce Tweak utility but can't figure out which of the myriad variables might be worth changing here.

That blue outline is also in CMBO. Having made a tree mod, there's nothing that can be done that I know of. It seems to show up when a tree is silhouetted against another tree with the sky in the background. The more dense the tree, the less the problem shows up.

During beta testing we actually fixed this issue but it revealed some maasive bugs with the Nvidia drivers in the order that they place mipmaps. Unfortunately we had to go back to our existing system which, while not perfect, does not illustrate as cleary these faults on Nvidias part.

We did tell them about them...

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

During beta testing we actually fixed this issue but it revealed some maasive bugs with the Nvidia drivers in the order that they place mipmaps. Unfortunately we had to go back to our existing system which, while not perfect, does not illustrate as cleary these faults on Nvidias part.

We did tell them about them...

Madmatt

Madmatt, thanks for the explanation. In any event, the effect is not that bad, and perhaps playing around with the mipmap settings will make it even less obvious.