How to speed up CMBB ??

When playing CMBB against AI the game seems to take forever between turns (Actaully about 60 - 90 seconds). This is especially true when there is lots of armor on the field. I suppose this is because of all the calculations required on armor strength, angles, missile attributes etc.. etc. etc..

What do the computer wizards out there think would help speed up this process.

Faster CPU (What type), more RAM (How Much), powerfull graphics card (Which one), Best OS ??

Right now I have Windows 2000 (Which seems to me to be slower than my old Win98 !!). 512Mb Ram, and a NVidia 4200 G Force card by PNY.

Crunching time is pretty much purely dependant on CPU speed. Only non-hardware-buying trick I know of is to turn off sounds and run the OS very clean. For windows 2000 the best way is to see www.blackviper.com 's services tweak guide. It can get you another 10-15mb free RAM and a few CPU cycles.

Key question here is how fast is your processor and how large are the battles?

WWB