Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Task Force Raff and Indirect Fire

Hola all! Old CMBB/CMAK player back in the fold now that WEGO has made its long-overdue return.

As it has been a while (and I have a touch of OCD) I decided to play both of the tutorial campaigns by the book. The basic training in Devon went just fine but I am scratching my head on mission #1 of the TF Raff campaign.

On page 34 of the pdf manual, I am told to set up my PLT MTR in the Manor's courtyard, send the remainder of the PLT forward to an overwatch position and leave the F CO HQ section near the mortar to provide C2 (as the PL will be too far forward). Trouble is, my MTR now acts as if it has no-one spotting for it.

The icon tells me that the MTR is in voice range of a HQ (which makes sense as it is 10m from my CO) but it cannot target what the CO can see. Then when I click on the voice icon, the PL is automatically selected (which I assume means that the PL is in fact in C2 for the mortar) but the PL is 128m away!

I would add a screenshot but you already have it. Page 35 of the manual has a picture of my set up since that OCD I mentioned earlier forces me to do exactly what "the book" says to do.

I did read the C2 section of the manual but as I read it, the F CO leadership should take command of the mortar as it is the only lower echelon asset around other than an independent scout team that is co-located with the company command section (also, BTW, in accordance with the pic in the manual).

Has anyone else run into this problem? Am I missing something obvious here? Any help will be appreciated!

Sarge

Hola all! Old CMBB/CMAK player back in the fold now that WEGO has made its long-overdue return.

As it has been a while (and I have a touch of OCD) I decided to play both of the tutorial campaigns by the book. The basic training in Devon went just fine but I am scratching my head on mission #1 of the TF Raff campaign.

On page 34 of the pdf manual, I am told to set up my PLT MTR in the Manor's courtyard, send the remainder of the PLT forward to an overwatch position and leave the F CO HQ section near the mortar to provide C2 (as the PL will be too far forward). Trouble is, my MTR now acts as if it has no-one spotting for it.

The icon tells me that the MTR is in voice range of a HQ (which makes sense as it is 10m from my CO) but it cannot target what the CO can see. Then when I click on the voice icon, the PL is automatically selected (which I assume means that the PL is in fact in C2 for the mortar) but the PL is 128m away!

I would add a screenshot but you already have it. Page 35 of the manual has a picture of my set up since that OCD I mentioned earlier forces me to do exactly what "the book" says to do.

I did read the C2 section of the manual but as I read it, the F CO leadership should take command of the mortar as it is the only lower echelon asset around other than an independent scout team that is co-located with the company command section (also, BTW, in accordance with the pic in the manual).

Has anyone else run into this problem? Am I missing something obvious here? Any help will be appreciated!

Sarge

Did you use the fire support interface through the F Co. HQ? If you are ordering indirect fire, you have to call it through that.

Also, did you make sure to put your F Co HQ in the upper floor of the manor house with a view out the window facing the German lines? I think the manual also says to put your scout team up there. Once you do, check your mortars' C2 display -- even with the HQs in the building, they are still close enough to shout spotting instructions down to the tubes, apparently.