Attack, Assault, Probe

Love the game, but one of the settings in QB confuses me. What's the practical difference between attack, assault and probe? The manual says that it dictates how much pre-battle intelligence you receive and how the point-ratio between attacker-defender is. But surely there must be some other differences? Otherwise probe would just be a substitute for "difficult assault".

And while I've already started a thread, I might as well hi-jack my own, and ask where you'd go if you want to have a go at MP. Is there an IRC-chat or something in those lines?

Thanks for you help! :)

Not sure exactly how it works in the game but :

Probe is a very light attack with limited objectives and usually not requiring to capture and hold ground.

Attack is an attack on the enemy with current available resources.

Assault is a fully planned and supported attack. Usually with major support elements like Engineers, Armour, greater intelligence assessment, Artillery etc.

As for MP I believe there is a Steam community, just search CM:BN or similar.

There are BF clubs, and there is an Opponents Forum if you scroll way down the various BF forums. And obviously you are not alone as others are calling for players : )

http://www.battlefront.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=76

Putting your country might help as being in the same time zone can be helpful. I am a bit wary of people who give no clue as to country. Not for any political reasons but I know some time-zones are awkward for me. But then as I play during the day I do not necessarily want my home country. I have never added up the countries of the players I have played but I do know I have done all the continents bar the icy one. : )

One other thing - there is a PM system with this forum so there is no need to put your e-mail address in the posting.

In CMx1, IIRC, Assault QBs gave the defending side a bonus wodge of points which had to be spent on fortifications, and the attackers got a larger multiple of the 'base' game purchase points, too (than Attack). Don't have the full game yet, but you could load up a hotseat example of each QB and look at each side's purchasing options to find out whether that's still the case.